[TxMt] Spinning beach ball

Paul Bessell Paul.Bessell at roslin.ed.ac.uk
Wed May 29 14:58:49 UTC 2013

Whenever I return to TextMate from a different application I am having
to spend minutes watching a beach ball spinning whilst TextMate is frozen.

Various posts have suggested installing something called ReMate and
enabling "Disable refresh on regaining focus" however this has made no
difference and if anything the problem just gets worse.

I am using light text (usually R or SQL) files (two or three opened at a
time) stored locally and am not working with projects, just individual
files.

Is there a solution in TextMate or should I find a better editor?

Thanks
Paul

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.