[TxMt] Re: Help funding my TextMate 2 code sprint

Meryn Stol merynstol at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 23:39:48 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 8:30 PM, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:

Instead we could create an API which allows TextMate to call external
> libraries, think libclang, to get autocompletion and the syntax highlight.
> This would allow for a accurate autocompletion based on the current symbol.
> This would be implemented as a plugin for TextMate using a common API
> making it possible to add this for any language.

While I guess internal changes would would be necessary to support a
variety of parsers, I don't think increased autocompletion accuracy
requires a new API, or am I mistaken? I think a bundle command could could
just take the entire file contents plus the caret position as input for a
script. Script could parse the source code by itself, then return some
suggestions (using Dialog2).

Related: What bundles currently make use of Dialog2? I'd like to see it in
action for myself.

--
Meryn