[TxMt] Re: Help funding my TextMate 2 code sprint

Peter Geil 256petabyte at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 25 18:50:37 UTC 2013

Hi Meryn,

Nope. First time I've heard about tern. But it looks pretty cool,
indeed. However, the actual purpose of it is to provide intelligent
auto-complete suggestions at any time by evaluating/analyzing the actual
JS code. The list with possible completions however, is then simply
processed and displayed by an editor (be it a browser-based code editor
like CodeMIrror, TextMate, Sublime TExt or anything else) . My intended
code sprint however, it not primarily about *how  autocomplete
suggestions are aggregated*, but instead about  *how they will get
diplayed to the user* (together with relevant documentation).

So the goals/benefits of my code sprint, are not limited to a specific
language (like JavaScript in your case), but to ALL languages supported
by TextMate. Even more   Dialog2 offers an CLI, so it can be used by
everybody   even independently from TextMate.

Best regards,

Peter
---
@pbyte