[TxMt] Re: TextMate 1.5 and Ruby 2.0.0

dangerwillrobinsondanger at gmail.com dangerwillrobinsondanger at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 13:47:40 UTC 2013

This is an interesting dilemma.
What I'm hearing is there are two valid and important use-cases.
TM needs to link against a stable version of something for much of its own functionality to be reliable and predictable.

Meanwhile, clearly a lot of devs need the ability to write code against whatever Ruby version their project requires. (Same goes for other languages really)

It sounds like a reasonable feature that TM should be able to do both.

Users should be unaware of what versions of what TM itself relies on under the hood, but want to be able to write code with whatever language version they need.

This kind of separation and feature makes a lot of sense for long term adoption of TM.

Sent from my iPhone