[TxMt] Re: Navigate between tabs with keyboard shortcuts

Mon Mar 18 11:54:30 UTC 2013

On 16 Mar 2013, at 16:38, Alain Matthes wrote:

> For the preferences, I used Preferences system > Mission Control and
> I chose the default settings.
> I got : Go to Desktop 1 : ^&, Go to Desktop 2 : ^é  with an english
> keyboard ^& is equivalent to ^1 and ^é to ^2.

I am only seeing “Show Desktop”, which I can bind to the function
keys. Not “Go to Desktop N” and no ability to bind to number keys.

> The question becomes : is it possible to use something different of
> ⌘1, ⌘2 in TM2 ?. Perhaps ⌥⌘1-4 ?

I switched to a French keyboard and I see there are no bare number keys,
so for 1 you have to use shift. This means ⌘1 is really ⇧⌘& and 2
is ⇧⌘é, etc.

If I use these keys, it works in TextMate. That said, by default ⇧⌘3
and ⇧⌘4 are bound to screen capture actions, and these take
precedence over local applications, so will need to unbind these in
System Preferences → Keyboard.