[TxMt] Re: Navigate between tabs with keyboard shortcuts

Sat Mar 16 13:18:23 UTC 2013

On 16 Mar 2013, at 12:03, Alain Matthes wrote:

> I use a European keyboard (french) and I can't use ⌘1, ⌘2 etc. to
> access a specific tab with TM2.
>
> These shorcuts are used by the Finder to choose a Desktop (Space).
> In the Preferences System, I use the default keys : ^& , ^é . These
> shortcuts works perfectly but ⌘1, ⌘2 works also perfectly in the
> Finder and  I can't use them in TM2.

So the problem here is that Finder steal the keys?

Is this 10.7? What preference pane are you using? I can’t find where
this is set, nor do I really understand what you set, or that something
like ^é would be a default key and treated as an alias for ⌘1-n…

> So I have two possibilities to switch between Desktops in the Finder
> and none in TM2 to switch between Tabs !!
> My question is how to modify the shortcuts in TM2 or in Finder ?

Presumably you want to modify them in “Finder” — but I don’t
really know what keys you are referring to. By default ⌘1-4 are used
by Finder for the view options in the View menu, but only while Finder
is active.

> A) Remarks about switching tabs in TM2
> I can switch between tabs with ⌘} and ⌘{ but I can also make a
> switch with ⌘⌥-> and ⌘⌥<-.
> I think it's strange to have two different shortcuts to make the same
> action

Because on many European layouts the default keys (⌘{ / ⌘}) are
awkward or impossible to reach, so we provide an alternative, similarly
there are also an alternative to ⌘[ / ⌘] — neither of these
alternatives are listed anywhere, so not sure why this is “strange”.
You can also close many windows with both ⌘W, ⎋, and ⌘.