[TxMt] Re: TextMate 1.5 and Ruby 2.0.0

Sat Mar 9 12:26:02 UTC 2013

On Mar 8, 2013, at 7:02 PM, Matt Neuburg <matt at tidbits.com> wrote:

> […] following that up, I was able to discover this: system() and exec() and spawn() and IO.popen() in ruby 2.0 apparently close non-standard file descriptors by default

Woah! That would cetainly explain it, assuming you use ruby 2.0 for the actual RubyMate script.

We generally recommend that you use ruby 1.8.7 for all the TextMate commands (i.e. have /usr/bin first in your PATH) and then set TM_RUBY to whatever ruby you want used for user scripts.

Do you have any reference on ruby 2.0 closing non-standard file descriptors? I only found the “:close_other” option for spawn, but it doesn’t say it is the default behavior.