[TxMt] TextMate 1.5 and Ruby 2.0.0

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Wed Mar 6 19:21:43 UTC 2013

Remember how Ruby 1.9.3 caused a segfault in RubyMate's
catch_exception.rb? Now Ruby 2.0.0 is causing further trouble, on this
line:

    io = IO.for_fd(ENV['TM_ERROR_FD'].to_i)

This generates "Bad file descriptor". So this means that once again
there's bad output whenever an exception is to be displayed.

I realize that TextMate 1 is not quite the thing these days, but I'm
still using it and perhaps someone has some thoughts on how I might fix
this? I don't know how TM_ERROR_FD is set or what might be wrong with it
as a file descriptor (it's just a number).

Thx - m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = matt at tidbits.com, http://www.apeth.net/matt/
Programming iOS 5! http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920023562.do