[TxMt] Re: TextMate has ruby version (1.9.3) configured but bundle action still uses ruby system version (1.8.7)

Thu Jun 13 11:29:43 UTC 2013

On Jun 11, 2013, at 22:03, aliezer <aliwam07 at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> […] I installed the sass gem only for ruby 1.9.3 so I configured TextMate to use the 1.9.3 version (using TM_RUBY) but the SCSS bundle keeps using the system version of ruby which does not have the sass gem installed.

The TM_RUBY variable is only for the ruby which should be used for user scripts, e.g. Run and Validate Syntax.

Looking at the bundle, majority of the commands call ‘sass-convert’ (not ruby).

Is your installed sass-convert working when called from a terminal?

I believe that the shebang of the sass-convert script uses an absolute path to locate ruby, and if you installed it for ruby 1.9.3 then the shebang should call ruby 1.9.3, in a terminal you can check this using:

    which sass-convert && head -n1 $(which sass-convert)

If you need further help, please provide the output from above execution and let me know exactly what command (in the SCSS bundle) that is failing for you. Also, I assume you’ve installed the SCSS bundle via Preferences → Bundles.