[TxMt] Re: TextMate 2 not for Snow Leopard?

Tue Jun 11 03:22:39 UTC 2013

On Jun 4, 2013, at 2:53, Dushan Mitrovich <dushanm at spinn.net> wrote:

> I just learned from the download page that TM 2 is intended only for
> Lion and later.  Will this remain the case?

Yes, and once 10.9 is officially released, there is a good chance the requirements will be 10.8 and newer.

Each OS update introduce new and better API plus bug fixes. Not being able to take advantage of the new API or having to provide workarounds for older OS versions (and test on these) affects productivity negatively.

I assume you’re aware of http://wiki.macromates.com/HowTo/PrintWithColors — for now, 2.0 hasn’t improved upon printing (on the contrary), it still remains an unchecked item on my to-do list ;)