[TxMt] Re: TextMate 2 outdated

Sun Jun 2 02:10:41 UTC 2013

On Jun 2, 2013, at 1:57, Diego Dias <diego.dfsd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Today I open my TextMate and I receive this message "TextMate is outdated! You are using a preview TextMate 2 which is more than a month old. It will stop working in 29 days.", but I don't know why? I'm using TextMate version 2.0-alpha.9419. Anyone can help me with this problem?

For now, ignore the dialog or switch to a nightly build in Preferences → Software Update.

There will be a new release build before the current one expires, but as I am on vacation, it’s delayed.

> I thought that was TextMate 2 open source. I'm wrong?

TextMate is Open Source, see: https://github.com/textmate/

Though for the records, it is also a commercial product and the binaries we offer are offered on our terms, they may expire orrequire a license key in the future, etc. This shouldn’t be mutually exclusive with being open source, similar to how DRM-free media shouldn’t be mutually exclusive with making money as an artist.