[TxMt] Re: Build failure at test_buffer

Sat Jul 27 13:14:24 UTC 2013

On 27 Jul 2013, at 13:42, Louis Zulli wrote:

> Just attempted to build from master at github. A problem introduced in
> one of the July 26 commits?
>
> [120/984] Run test
> ‘/Users/louis/bui...te/Frameworks/buffer/test_buffer’…
> FAILED: /Users/louis/build/TextMate/Frameworks/buffer/test_buffer
> […]

Is this reproducible? If so, please run test_buffer with gdb and get a
stack dump.

Basically most tests are now running concurrently (and not on main
thread). There might be some code somewhere that isn’t capable of
doing that, but I haven’t found it yet — that is, I suspect it’s
the use of NSSpellChecker (which the buffer tests do indirectly use) and
I plan to move that to main thread, but currently there are things
depending on the framework that have tests that can’t yet handle GCD
code…

Anyway, long story short; try re-run the build, and most of the time it
should work fine. If you can provide more details about what’s causing
the issue, that’d be great.