[TxMt] Re: Do I have to pay for the final TM 2 license key?

Thu Jul 18 18:47:09 UTC 2013

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html

> […] It seems to me that the Open Source tag is a ploy to 'attract' developers, however, keeping the revenue to the owner himself.

Some of my thoughts and motivation is mentioned in this interview http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/08/odgaard-i-will-continue-working-on-textmate-as-long-as-i-am-a-mac-user/ and making money off of other people’s work was not among them.

I have actually considered what could be a suitable compensation system for contributors, though so far I’m still doing majority of the work, and no money are really being made.