[TxMt] Re: Do I have to pay for the final TM 2 license key?

Thu Jul 18 12:15:14 UTC 2013

On 18 Jul 2013, at 8:10, kafi wrote:

> When the final version of TM 2 (Mac OS X version with installer) gets
> released, do I have to purchase a license key? Will it work for free
> (without any ads and pop-up reminders etc)?

It is commercial software and a license can already be bought and
entered in TextMate → About → Registration. Some more info here
http://macromates.com/license_policy

What conditions future releases will run under (without a license) is
undecided. One idea I like is to only offer the built-in updater to
licensed users, OTOH I dislike the thought of having people use old
builds (when newer versions exist).