[TxMt] [ Feature Request ] Vertical Tabs in TM2 and Autohide sidebar

Kavin openone at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 11:07:53 UTC 2013

Hello, I have 2 feature requests for TM 2.

1) [Feature] Vertical tabs/Open Files view
      When TextMate is open with a lot of files, say more than 8 - It's
different to identify the tabs with similar filenames. For e.g.
class-somefile.php. class-someotherfile.php are all represented by
"class.s....". It isn't uncommon for a large project to have multiple
files open and with similar names.
     I would like this as any one of the following -

     A) Vertical tabs.
         Tabs with an option to show in Left or right side. A simple
mockup - http://f.cl.ly/items/2A3Q2b3t2t0A0z0O3s0S/vertical-tabs.png

     B) List of open Files in sidebar (Filebrowser like view)
             List of files open above or in one of the filebrowser's
views. Once again a mockup -
http://f.cl.ly/items/1U0W2Y240T0Z382q1t29/vertical-fbrowser.png

2) [Feature] Autohide Sidebar
     It would nice if we can auto hide the sidebar and provide more
space for codeeditor. It could be shown on hover at one of the edges, or
expand on hover/toggle buttons.

It would be great if these are considered. Thanks :)