[TxMt] SmartyPants not found?

Wed Jul 10 14:25:00 UTC 2013

I’m using 2.0-alpha.9443

A while back, converting Markdown to HTML with ⌃⇧H quit working. It just results in a blank document.

I finally got irritated enough to investigate and I tracked it down to SmartyPants. That is, if I set TM_SMARTYPANTS to `/bin/cat`, the Markdown command to convert starts working.

The only copy I seem to have is at `~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Pristine Copy/Support/bin/SmartyPants.pl`. It doesn’t seem to be included with the Markdown bundle. Is that right? Any ideas why it’s not being found when the command runs?

I think this started with a9423, which says “A bunch of (work in progress) refactoring has caused some changes to executing commands”.

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>