[TxMt] Re: Error while typesetting latex document

Owen Densmore owen at backspaces.net
Sun Jul 7 18:35:28 UTC 2013

Sorry if this has been mentioned before.  But on my Lion system, there are
two places where python is installed: /usr/bin and /usr/local/bin:
 Directory /usr/local/bin
ipython python3-config pythonw3
ipython-qtconsole python3.1 pythonw3.1
python3 python3.1-config
and
 Directory /usr/bin
python python2.6 pythonw
python-config python2.6-config pythonw2.5
python2.5 python2.7 pythonw2.6
python2.5-config python2.7-config pythonw2.7

If I use just "python" or "ipython" I end up with the new python3 system
which fails with all sorts of errors.  But the python2.x versions work fine.

This is a chronic difficulty with python and its package management.
 Probably a local expert can guide you through resolving this if you indeed
have multiple, conflicting pythons.  The simplest is simply to modify your
PATH so that the preferred python is first.

   -- Owen