[TxMt] Re: Current binary (r9351) on Github failing to launch

Tue Jan 29 07:11:57 UTC 2013

On Jan 29, 2013, at 6:11, Adam Sharp <adsharp at me.com> wrote:

> After downloading (and re-downloading -- http://wiki.macromates.com/Troubleshooting/FailsToLaunchAfterUpdate) the current binary from Github (r9351), TextMate is failing to launch on OS X 10.8.2. I get the Cancel/Move to Trash dialogue window.

The info from the wiki is not relevant for 2.0.

> Has anyone else experience this issue?

I’ve had the OS think TextMate could not be opened. The fix is to ‘touch TextMate.app’.

Though if you delete your existing copy, download a new via your browser, and extract, then I don’t see how this could happen.

If the problem persists then run ‘file’ and ‘shasum’ on TextMate.app/Contents/MacOS/TextMate and post the result (that would indicate if your binary is indeed corrupt).