[TxMt] Re: Problem with TM2 and Mekentosj Papers 2 citekeys

Fri Jan 4 19:06:04 UTC 2013

On Dec 30, 2012, at 5:10 AM, Noah Daniels <ndaniels at mac.com> wrote:

> In a LaTeX document in TM2, if I invoke my hotkey for Mekentosj Papers' citation feature, and try to insert a citekey, it instead inserts the _previous_ contents of my clipboard (whatever I'd previously copied).

If I understand you correctly, the hotkey you press invoke a function in Papers, and this function is responsible for inserting text into TextMate, but instead inserts the (previous) content of the clipboard?

I think it’d be best to contact Mekentosj and ask how they are going about inserting text — likely they do something like store it on the shared clipboard and send a fake ⌘V key press to TextMate — this is how TextExpander and similar works, though these do not show any compatibility problems with TextMate.

Feel free to cc tm-support at macromates.com if you write their support directly, and I’ll gladly work with them to try and figure out what’s wrong.