[TxMt] Re: Mini-HOWTO 3rd party bundles to TM2

Wed Feb 27 08:19:36 UTC 2013

On Feb 26, 2013, at 10:30 PM, K.-Michael Aye <kmichael.aye at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Actually, the Avian folder is still where third party bundles should be installed.
> I see, as it was working I thought it's okay. But what's the worst that can happen? Disturb other bundles? Become deleted at TM2 updates or something like that?

Right now TextMate will do something like log an error about an unexpected bundle and try to match it up with a bundle in the index because it thinks that the local index is corrupt (e.g. crash after installing bundle but before updating local index).

> I also just realized that this way it does not get registered in the Bundle Manager in the Preferences?

Which it shouldn’t — in the future the bundle management is likely to be improved to explicitly list managed, third party, and custom bundles, additionally which of the first two have local changes, with some new options like ability to revert local changes, re-apply a customizations to a git clone, etc. — such functionality is dependent on the user not fooling TextMate into thinking third party bundles are managed or similar.