[TxMt] Re: How do I generate column numbers?

Justin Catterall 100621.1 at masonsmusic.co.uk
Tue Feb 26 09:40:37 UTC 2013

On 13 Feb 2013, at 16:32, Mark Robinson <mark at creativetags.com> wrote:

> How can I generate column numbers where I have made a column selection and I want each line to be numbered from 1..number_of_lines?
> Mark

Sorry for delay in replying, been busy with 'work'.

Select the lines you want numbered, 'Option + Command + r' type 'nl' as the command, check that 'input' is 'selection' and 'output' is 'replace selection' then click execute.

At a command line type 'man nl' for info on the command.

The commands 'cat -b' and 'cat -n' may also be alternatives for what you want.

I've just noticed Allan has responded, but with a different solution. So now you have a choice!

--
Justin C, by the sea.