[TxMt] Re: spellingLanguage property in .tm_properties has no effect

Mon Feb 18 15:30:46 UTC 2013

On Feb 18, 2013, at 3:31 PM, Christian Jacobs <JCD.Jacobs at t-online.de> wrote:

> I am using TextMate version 2.0.0-alpha.9377 and the "spellingLanguage" settings in my .tm_properties files are ignored.

Try delete ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Global.tmProperties

Or alternatively remove every line from that file which sets the spelling language.

The issue is likely that settings (from .tm_properties) with a scope (e.g. ‘[ text.plain ]’) have higher priority than non-scoped settings _even when in a more local file_ — previous versions of TM would record your spelling language choice based on scope, so you’d get “bad” setting recorded in this global properties file.