[TxMt] Math snippet is broken in TM 2 (Latex bundle)

Jenny Harrison profharrison at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 22:01:23 UTC 2013

Hi Allan,

It is truly wonderful to see so much activity again!    I see so many improvements and am optimistic TM 2 will soon set the stage once again.

Here is my problem:   I have continued to use TM 1, primarily the Latex bundle, because of one old snippet which does not work as it should in TM 2.  I use it many times a day and would not like to give it up.

Here it is:

\\( $0$TM_SELECTED_TEXT \\)

Scope Selector: text.tex.latex

Key equivalent: $

In TM 1,  the $ key outputs \(  $0$TM_SELECTED_TEXT \).  The curser is inside the math formula brackets \( \).  It stays inside, regardless of what I write, until I type $ again.  Then the cursor moves outside.  That is just what I want it to do.

In TM 2,  the $ key outputs  \(  $0$TM_SELECTED_TEXT \). The curser is inside the math formula brackets \( \).  It stays inside, regardless of what I write, until I type $ again.   Then I see   \( \($0$TM_SELECTED_TEXT  \) \) and the cursor is still inside. Not good!

If I erase the snippet, then in both TM 1 and TM 2,  the same thing happens.  Inputting $ the first time yields  $ $0$TM_SELECTED_TEXT $.  The second time,  the cursor moves outside.  This would be fine, except that many of us have moved away from using $ signs to set off equations in Latex.

Best regards,

Jenny