[TxMt] Re: TextMate typesetting problems

Max Lein realoreocookie at gmx.de
Tue Dec 31 17:29:04 UTC 2013

On 31.12.2013, at 07:00 , "T. Zha" <zmail at tzha.net>

> I need latex as engine because it can typeset .eps graph files.  The eps graphs have much better resolution than pdf graphs.
All you need to do is load the package epstopdf and use pdflatex. I seriously caution against using anything but pdflatex these days, most journals have moved to pdflatex (for very good reason), so that's what you should use as well to minimize friction.

Also, if you use the proper tools to convert the eps file to pdf, then the resolution is the same as both are capable of including vector graphics. However, if you convert an eps file the wrong way, the output will be a bitmapped file encapsulated in a pdf file.

Max