[TxMt] Re: Text mate cutting text when reloading file.

Jesús Baquedano jesbaq01 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 09:38:44 UTC 2013

Yes, maybe there is a problem with samba and Maverick since I changed to
Maverick almost at the same time I change to TextMate v2. I try opening
with another editor and I get a non updated version of the file.

Then I try to open with TextMate and I get the message "TODO Reselect
previously open document". I cannot open the file with TxtMt until I close
my session on the OS and I log on the OS again. However, after a while, I
can correctly open the file with other editors.

Is there a way to do a "clean reopening"  of  the file without having to
restart my user session in the Mac OS?

Another issue I have notice is that TxtMate does not detect automatically
changes in files of samba file system.

> On 18 Dec 2013, at 21:54, Jesús Baquedano wrote:
>
>  […] I occurs only when using subversion […] file is in a linux machine
>> and I use
>> samba to access it from TextMate […] I see the file in TexMate. The file
>> is incomplete. The last lines are
>> lost […]
>>

> Sounds like it could be a problem with the network file system, especially
> since you re-open the file in TextMate and still see the last part missing,
> i.e. the network file system locally cached the file prior to it having
> been fully written by subversion.
>
> Did you try to open the file with another application?
>
> You mention the file being open in TextMate while updating it on the linux
> server. What if you close the file before updating it (TextMate keeps the
> file open for “events only” to be notified about changes, perhaps this
> plays a role in the network file system’s behaviour)?

Juan Jesús Baquedano Bruna

Centro Tecnológico qInnova

UNED Tudela

Tlf: 948 821535 (ext 8)