[TxMt] Re: Change in behaviour of new-line with braces - CSS, PHP, JS, maybe all grammars?

Justin Catterall 100621.1 at masonsmusic.co.uk
Tue Dec 17 17:49:43 UTC 2013

> On 17 Dec 2013, at 0:35, Justin Catterall wrote:
>
>> […] I think I was the one who brought up the POD indentation problem originally.
>>
>> I'm getting the same problems as Ingo appears to have with indentation (as described above).
>
> Can you give a “steps to reproduce”?

I follow the steps in https://github.com/textmate/textmate/wiki/Reverting-To-Defaults, though I don't have a ~/Library/Caches/com.macromates.TextMate/BundlesIndex.binary, but I do have a ~/Library/Caches/com.macromates.textmate/BundlesIndex.binary - so I deleted that.

I start TM2, I go to prefs pane and enable the Perl bundle (other bundles enabled:
Apache, AppleScript, Bundle Development, Bundle Support, C, CSS, Diff, Git, HTML, Hyperlink Helper, Java, JavaDoc, JavaScript, JavaScript, jQuery, JSON, Lua, Mail, Make, Markdown, Math, Mercurial, Objective C, PHP, Postscript, Property List, Python, Ruby, SCM, Shell Script, Source, SQL, Subversion, Text, Textile, TextMate, Themes, TODO, XML).

In the new document I Options+Shift+Ctrl+p and choose item 1, Perl. I type:

#!/usr/bin/perl

for (0..3) {

A closing } appears with the cursor between the brackets, I hit return. Both the cursor and the closing bracket move down one line with no indentation:

#!/usr/bin/perl

for (0..3) {
|}

(cursor position indicated by '|' character.

If I hit Options+Shift+Ctrl+c and select 'C' or 'CSS' indentation works as I would expect:

CSS:
.class {

}

C:
{

}

Pipe (|) used to signify cursor position again, and spaces used for indenting here.

Incidentally, I don't have a ~/Library/Application Support/Avian folder or file.

I have also removed TM2, then followed the reverting to defaults instructions, then re-installed TM2, but the indentation problem remains.

TextMate version 2.0-alpha.9499
OS X 10.8.5

Any other info that would/may be useful?

>> […] is TM2 supposed to dynamically load/reload bundles or do we need to restart TM2 for changes to be read?
>
> It should pick up changes, though it relies on fs-events which for some users are broken. In this case though it is not enough to relaunch TextMate, but one need to manually remove the cache file mentioned on the revert-to-defaults page (and then relaunch).

Fair enough, I'll persist with quit and restart when I make changes, I make them very, very rarely so it's not an issue.

--
Justin Catterall                               www.masonsmusic.co.uk
Director                                       T: +44 (0)1424 427562