[TxMt] Re: Indention in Perl POD

Thu Dec 12 05:46:34 UTC 2013

On 10 Dec 2013, at 14:23, Ingo Lantschner wrote:

> […] This was the "missing link". Just for the records: The correct
> settings for Perls POD sections is
>
>  {   increaseIndentPattern = '';
>      decreaseIndentPattern = '';
>  }
>
> The above disables any automatic indention, which in my opinion is the
> best setting for PODs.

I thought that was already the case due to
https://github.com/textmate/source.tmbundle/blob/master/Preferences/Comments:%20Disable%20Indent%20Corrections.tmPreferences

The (badly named) unIndentedLinePattern is effectively an “ignore”,
so the indenter should ignore all lines in block comments.

> What would be the best way to contribute such changes and settings to
> the built in Perl bundle?

The preferred way is to click the arrow to the right of Perl in
Preferences → Bundles, this will take you to the bundle’s GitHub
page.

Then fork the bundle, clone it to ~/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Bundles, make the change(s), git commit and push to
your fork on GitHub.

Then submit a pull request (via GitHub).

Though in this case, I think we should instead figure out why the Source
bundle’s indent settings are not working for you. Given your other
email it might sound like you have disabled the Source bundle.

To be sure everything is as default see
https://github.com/textmate/textmate/wiki/Reverting-To-Defaults