[TxMt] Re: how to get TextMate environment variables from rakefile?

Thu Dec 12 02:10:47 UTC 2013

On 10 Dec 2013, at 6:05, Matt Neuburg wrote:

> […] Is there a way my rakefile script can ask TextMate for the value
> of its
> TM_SUPPORT_PATH even though it is not running inside TextMate? […]

This is not possible. It’s a little tricky because TM_SUPPORT_PATH is
setup by the Bundle Support bundle itself, so TextMate
does not know anything about it. I think that if an option was to be
added, the best approach would be something that allows running TM
commands from shell (which has long been on the wish list) then the user
could exploit this to run “echo $TM_SUPPORT_PATH”.

It will require some thought before adding such feature, but I’ll keep
your use-case in mind.