[TxMt] Re: TM2 is slower compared to TM1 in some areas

Thu Dec 12 01:45:32 UTC 2013

On 9 Dec 2013, at 15:55, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> […] TM2 takes significant longer time to syntax highlight […]

It also does more, like allowing injections and using document content
as part of the actual scope.

> TM2 is also slower on auto completion for some files […]

This is because TM2 is more flexible in how words are defined so it
needs to lookup scope settings for each character when collecting the
list of words.

> Is there anything that can be done to increase the performance in
> these two areas?

I don’t know what you want answered here, as you probably already know
that a solution can be implemented in an infinite number of ways, so it
would be quite an achievement if TextMate 2 alpha has already arrived at
the fastest possible implementation.