[TxMt] Should txmt:// URLs support "+" for spaces?

Stefan Daschek stefan at daschek.net
Wed Aug 28 14:51:38 UTC 2013

Some applications. (e.g. the great "better_errors" Ruby gem [1]) encode
spaces as "+" when creating txmt://-URLs. This is also the default
behaviour of tje URI.encode_www_form_component and CGI.escape methods.

Currently, trying to open such an URL in TextMmate fails with "File Does
not Exist".

It works correctly though if I change the URL to use "%20" instead of "+".

My question is: Should TextMate support "+" in txmt://-URLs, or should I
submit a pull request for better_errors to generate URLs using "%20"
instead?

Regards,
Stefan

[1]: https://github.com/charliesome/better_errors