[TxMt] Re: code comment toggling: block vs line comment hotkeys

Andrew Pennebaker andrew.pennebaker at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 16:19:33 UTC 2012

> Is this for a particular language?

Sorry, forgot to mention I was using NASM specifically. I added an x86
assembly tmbundle<https://github.com/lunixbochs/x86-assembly-textmate-bundle>,
and it works okay, but it turns out NASM doesn't have C-style block
comments (/* ... */), so when I press Command+/, TextMate ends up
commenting my code with syntax that NASM doesn't recognize.

One way to fix this is to tell TextMate to always prefer using line
comments when I press Command+/ instead of block comments, and I'd like
TextMate to express this preference for every language I use, not just NASM.

I see Source -> Settings -> Comments, but I'm not exactly sure how to edit
it to do this. Could I have a little more guidance?