[TxMt] problems with find_app (TextMate --> Skim sync)

FZiegler fz.2009 at klacto.net
Fri Sep 21 00:22:44 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm having trouble syncing LaTeX in the direction TextMate --> Skim. Specifically, I'm (still) using this script: http://ebundles.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/Commands/Find%20in%20TeXniscope.plist

and the following lines don't work for me:

  if [[ "$V" == Skim ]]; then
  SCRIPT="$(find_app Skim.app)/Contents/Resources/displayline"
    if [[ -x "$SCRIPT" ]]; then
      "$SCRIPT" &>/dev/console "$TM_LINE_NUMBER" "$PDF" "$TM_FILEPATH"
    else
      echo "Unable to locate $V."
    fi
  fi

I found a workaround which is to comment out and replace as follows

  if [[ "$V" == Skim ]]; then
  SCRIPT="$(find_app Skim.app)/Contents/Resources/displayline"
    # if [[ -x "$SCRIPT" ]]; then
  /Volumes/Home/Applications/Skim.app/Contents/SharedSupport/displayline &>/dev/console "$TM_LINE_NUMBER" "$PDF" "$TM_FILEPATH"
    # else
    #   echo "Unable to locate $V."
    # fi
  fi

That said, I don't understand why I can't get it working in its original form, because find_app appears to work and displayline appears executable:

FZs-MacBook:bin fz$ pwd
/Volumes/Home/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Support/bin
FZs-MacBook:bin fz$ ./find_app Skim.app
/Volumes/Home/Applications/Skim.appFZs-MacBook:bin fz$ ls -l /Volumes/Home/Applications/Skim.app/Contents/SharedSupport/displayline
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 fz  staff  1735 Mar 12  2012 /Volumes/Home/Applications/Skim.app/Contents/SharedSupport/displayline
FZs-MacBook:bin fz$

Can anyone suggest a better fix than my workaround?

Thanks in advance,

Francois