[TxMt] Re: TextMate 1 vs 2

Travis Dunn tdunn13 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 19:44:42 UTC 2012

You can make an argument that the point of the filesystem is to organize files/projects and that's how most editors work.

I've been a textmate user for a long time and I've never used "projects", that's not to say that I think it is an unused feature at all, or that some support for those features shouldn't be brought back, but I don't see it as a major feature, and i certainly don't see it as a huge disappointment.

Why not suggest a few ideas for how to bring the feature back, or make it better instead of threatening to switch to another editor.

An ongoing post is already up here: http://wiki.macromates.com/Suggestions/ProjectManagementInTextMate2

I don't think TM2 is a disappointment at all, and everyone has busted ass working on it (at least since it went open source), so maybe keep the negative to a minimal and try to be helpful rather than hurtful

- Mom