[TxMt] Re: Problem saving to NFS share from b9147

Tue Sep 18 09:56:37 UTC 2012

On Sep 18, 2012, at 11:39 AM, Steve Holden <S.J.Holden at brighton.ac.uk> wrote:

> […] have found a critical bug for me in b9147 […] set_attributes() failed: Attribute not found.

Afraid the bug is in NFS. If TextMate gets an error from any of the API involved during save, it will report that as an error (as it should) and treat the file as not saved.

Here setxattr() clearly fails with an error other than “not supported” (which would be ignored).

I might change TextMate to ignore all errors related to extended attributes, though given that you are on 10.6, this wouldn’t help you right now.

> I’ve tried the TM1-style fix (though I’m not sure whether this still applies to TM2) before restarting TM2:
> http://manual.macromates.com/en/saving_files#extended_attributes_metadata
> but this doesn’t help.

There is a 2.0 way to do the same:

    defaults write com.macromates.TextMate.preview volumeSettings '{ "/net/" = { extendedAttributes = 0; }; }'.

This will disable them for all paths under /net/ — this setting should be moved to .tm_properties, but right now, the above should be a workaround.