[TxMt] Re: strange bar above status bar

Fred B fredb7 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 18:23:56 UTC 2012

On 15 Sep 2012, at 20:02, Travis Dunn <tdunn13 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 15, 2012, at 1:25 PM, Fred B wrote:
>
>> On 15 Sep 2012, at 18:41, Travis Dunn <tdunn13 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Why worry about it? It's nice that all of the scrollbars are native and styled the same throughout the system.
>>
>> "The same throughout the system" except when they're not, e.g. Aperture, iPhoto, Logic, just to name examples from Apple. ;)
>> The problem is the white bars are really ugly with a dark background and even more now with a dark background Line Numbers gutter. This is not a problem in most app, as you can't change the background and it's light most of the time… In fact, the few non white background apps I have have non white scrollbars gutters.
>>
>> I really hope I'll have an all dark background TM2 one day, although the first change needed is the File Browser. ;)

> I'm not arguing that they are a bad thing. I just don't think it's necessarily a good direction to go down the "completely skinable" road. It's pretty easy to make a decent looking syntax coloring theme for the editor window, it's a completely different thing to make a decent looking interface theme.

Agreed, but I never asked to make them skinable.
The best for me would be to have no gutter, just the theme background, and a dark or light scrollbar depending on the background color.
Just like when the "When scrolling" option is checked, but always visible.

The File Browser is a different story, though.