[TxMt] Re: need help about autocomplete

Tue Sep 11 22:46:03 UTC 2012

On Sep 11, 2012, at 9:22 AM, Yuan Jiang <sleetdrop at gmail.com> wrote:

> I need some help about code complete in bash and php.
> […]
> VAR_EXAMPLE=1
> echo $VAR_EXAMPLE     # when I use a variable for the first time,
> autocomplete won't work when I hit $VAR[ESC]

It’s explained in this blog post: http://blog.macromates.com/2012/clever-completion/

I know Elia linked to a bundle that redefines the completion command but one can also set characterClass for meta.punctuation. This however will also affect word movement/selection. I’m considering introducing two word definitions (one for completion, another for movement/selection), though even for movement/selection, half the time, the new larger units is not really desired.