[TxMt] Re: mate in TM2 and synctex

Tue Sep 11 07:14:04 UTC 2012

On Sep 11, 2012, at 3:28 AM, chlists <chlists at me.com> wrote:

> […]
> In the new TM2 alpha, however, /Applications/TextMate\ 2.app/Contents/Resources does not contain a 'mate' executable, neither does the folder /Applications/TextMate\ 2.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Support/ exist. In fact, I could not find the 'mate' executable at all in the application bundle.
>
> So my question is: where is 'mate' in TM2 located and how do I fix the sync with Skim?

Basically your version of TextMate relied on ‘mate’ being in one of the bundles, but this is now just the wrapper shell script for the real mate, so you got this wrapper script installed, but as your TextMate is too old, there is no real mate included.

You may want to try this version: https://github.com/nanoant/textmate/downloads

Then re-install ‘mate’.