[TxMt] Re: Feature Request: identical words in selected portion

Mon Sep 10 14:24:49 UTC 2012

On Sep 10, 2012, at 4:16 PM, Adam Merrifield <macagp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Further to this, I love how Sublime Text 2 allows you to use ⌘D to select each recurring instance and create multiple carets from those selections.

Add this to your KeyBindings.dict:

    "@d" = ( "copySelectionToFindPboard:", "findNextAndModifySelection:" );

The same could also be done for the selectWord:, … mentioned by Elia.

For anyone who hasn’t read the following, I strongly encourage it: http://blog.macromates.com/2011/multiple-carets/

It’s a long read, but it has a lot of examples on how to use multiple carets, and it isn’t even exhaustive, e.g. one can also do ⌘E / ⌘G with multiple carets to make them all move to next comma or similar.