[TxMt] Re: Java Compile and run

Michael Sheaver msheaver at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 10 00:57:39 UTC 2012

> Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 07:08:15 +1000
> From: David Howden <dhowden at gmail.com>
> To: TextMate users <textmate at lists.macromates.com>
> Subject: [TxMt] Re: Java Compile and run
>
> Right, so I've had a little play with this.
>
> 1. Create a file called helloworld.java and save it on your desktop.
> 2. Put this in it:
> public class helloworld {
>        System.out.println("Hello World!");
>    }
> }
> 3. Save again!
> 4. Cmd+R
>
> This runs perfectly for me in TM2 using the default Java bundle.  Try
> it on your version (checking and double checking the filename and the
> class name match exactly).
>
> Cheers,
>
> David

Hey David,

I am pleasantly surprised, but your suggestion was what I needed! Apparently, the code I had used (below) didn't have the class defined as public. I don't understand why that would make a difference, but hey, it works, and that's what really matters.

Many thanks!
Michael

class HelloWorldApp {
        System.out.println("Hello World!"); //Display the string.
    }
}