[TxMt] Re: SVN scope, and a few other bits

Mon Sep 3 12:00:21 UTC 2012

> On Sep 2, 2012, at 5:42 PM, Jonas Zimmermann <listen at jonaszimmermann.de> wrote:
>
>> 1. Open a SVN working copy in TM
>> 2. Create new file, save in new subfolder
>> 3. Press ⇧⌘Y; new folder shows up as untracked item
>> 4. Select new folder, ⌘Y, Add to repository...
>> 5. New file shows up in Uncommitted Changes, but not new folder
>
> For me the new folder moves from Untracked → Uncommitted (and remains selected).

Turns out I was actually adding a symbolic link (to a folder), not realizing it, as the arrow was covered by the (untracked) SCM badge.

So, for Untracked Items the SCM Status list removes children of an untracked folder. That way, adding a single (untracked) folder only show that folder, rather than all the files within. Additionally in the “Uncommitted Changes” it prunes parent folders if all their items are untracked, since with Git and Mercurial, the folder itself doesn’t really have a status and can’t be added on its own.

I made a change in r9296 so that this pruning no longer happens for Subversion. You can update to that by option (⌥) clicking the Check Now button in Preferences → Software Update.