[TxMt] Re: Indentation question

Sat Sep 1 22:56:41 UTC 2012

On Aug 28, 2012, at 1:16 AM, Gerd Knops <gerti-textmate at bitart.com> wrote:

> Question:
>
> In the C bundle I disable indentation by setting
>
> {	decreaseIndentPattern = '(?=not)possible';
> 	increaseIndentPattern = '(?=not)possible';
> 	indentNextLinePattern = '(?=not)possible';
> 	unIndentedLinePattern = '(?=not)possible';
> }

This is not disabling it per se.

> Now I have this (pipe denotes cursor, \t is a tab):
>
> {
> \t|
> }
>
> As soon as I type any character, the tab disappears. Why?

Because based on your rules above, there is no extra indent after ‘{’, so TextMate corrects that for you.

If you want to disable indent _corrections_ (i.e. change indent while you type) you should set:

    { disableIndentCorrections = 1; }

That said, I write in (Objective-)C(++) and for me the only thing it doesn’t do correctly is brace-less case statements (though it doesn’t get in the way there either).

I should probably add that I don’t hard wrap my code.