[TxMt] Re: Find in Project...

Phil Schumm pschumm at uchicago.edu
Sat Sep 1 18:10:57 UTC 2012

On Sep 1, 2012, at 4:42 AM, Mikael Hultgren wrote:
> So I’m running the latest nightly of Textmate 2 and seeing some weird behaviour from Find in Project…
>
> I have a project(or what I’m assuming is a project, it has a .™_properties in its root folder with projectDirectory      = '$CWD’ in it) and no matter what i do i can’t make Find in Project… find anything, i type a search query that i know exists in the project and it returns nothing. But if i load up for example the Textmate project Find in Project… seems to work just fine and i can’t for the life of the figure out what the problem is. Maybe I’m not understanding what Find in Project… does or maybe I’m confused as to what or how a project is made in Textmate 2. Any ideas are most welcome.

Two quick possibilities (though there may be others):

1) Are you sure that the selection criteria

       In: <place> matching <pattern>

   in the Find in Project dialog box are not set in a way that excludes the files
   you are looking for?  For example, try setting this to

       In: [Project Folder] matching *

2) The setting

       excludeInFolderSearch

   and possibly other "exclude" settings may be excluding the files you are
   looking for.  See

       http://blog.macromates.com/2011/git-style-configuration/
       http://wiki.macromates.com/Reference/Settings/

   for more info; in particular, note that these may be set in several different
   locations.

FWIW, I use Find in Project pretty regularly in TM2 and haven't noticed the problem you are describing.

-- Phil