[TxMt] Re: Speedier LaTeX bundles issues

Max Lein realoreocookie at gmx.de
Mon Oct 29 00:59:05 UTC 2012

On 28.10.2012, at 21:00, textmate-request at lists.macromates.com wrote:

> When trying to typeset a letter, where my preamble looks different and has the following line in it:
>
> \usepackage[applemac]{inputenc}
>
> the typesetting window will claim a problem with respect to this line:
>
> "inputenc.sty:40: [...]"
>
> When I comment out the \usepackage-line in the source, typesetting proceeds successfully (and VERY fast), though all special characters get omitted (to be able to use German umlaute like ?, etc is what the inputenc package should provide for).
I suspect your file has been saved as UTF8 (which you should use if at all possible anyway). So change the inputenc argument to

	\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}

and recompile. In my experience, UTF8 works best, but if you have cross-platform collaborators, you may need to work in latin1. I would strongly discourage you from using applemac encoding this day and age.

Max