[TxMt] Re: Access to the clipboard in TextMate 2?

Steven Arnold thoth_amon at mac.com
Tue Oct 2 23:20:34 UTC 2012

Awesome.  I was trying that, but didn't realize it's an actual system command (and hence left out the backticks).

I have a followup question.  It seems that macros are poorly supported in TextMate 2 so far.  It also seems that much of what you might have wanted to do with a macro can be done with a command in whatever language you have installed on your system, such as Ruby, or bash, perl -- I've seen a number of examples.  Nonetheless, macros were really easy to work with in TextMate 1.x, just do something and make a keybinding.  Are there any plans to improve support for macros in TextMate 2, such as saving them as part of bundles, binding them to keys, things like that?

Thanks a lot for the great info.  I am very excited to see the open-source TextMate 2, and I'd like to give my very sincere thanks to MacroMates for that extremely generous decision.  Speaking only for myself, I wouldn't mind paying for the open-source binary.  I'd like to see companies that do things like this be financially rewarded for it.

Thanks again,
steven