[TxMt] Re: SQL.Bundle -> Bad Handshake Issue -> Mac OSX Lion

Thu May 17 09:29:05 UTC 2012

On 09/11/2011, at 15.38, Gregory Bluvshteyn wrote:

> […] every time I try I get “Bad Handshake” error even though I can connect to mysql just can’t browse data.

I recently updated my server’s mysql to 5.1.62 (change described as “fix security issues (LP: #965523)”) and now I also get “Bad Handshake” when connecting to the database via the mysql driver used by the SQL bundle.

I can fix it by replacing the bundle’s driver with a binary driver (e.g. obtained via “sudo gem install mysql”) — putting binary ruby extensions in bundles is however not something we have good experience with.

I’m inclined to change the bundle to depend on having the user install a driver himself was it not that a) my other computer does _not_ work with the ruby mysql gem and b) for users w/o the handshake problem we effectively break out-of-the-box mysql support.