[TxMt] Re: [TM2] Very minor feature request - to highlight current line

Wed Mar 21 01:49:34 UTC 2012

On 21/03/2012, at 06.18, Jerry wrote:

> On Mar 20, 2012, at 1:58 PM, Steve King wrote:
>
>> […] I also miss the ability to specify /italic text/ in the themes […]
> And bold, of course. […]

TM 2.0 uses CoreText which doesn’t synthesize bold and italic when the font has no such variant.

So you need to pick a font with a bold and italic variant for the theme styles to work. I have no plans of trying to synthesize these styles myself (not really feasible) and Apple seems content with not having CoreText do it (like the deprecated ATSUI did).