[TxMt] Re: Spelling and Printing

saschaview at gmail.com saschaview at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 17:23:29 UTC 2012

On 15.11.11 11:08, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 14 Nov 2011, at 14:17, saschaview at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> […] I was wondering whether there is current work in progress on the incorporation of Apple's native spelling mechanisms and a better printing layout/setup?
>
> There is not, the public alpha will infact bring us back to the 1.0 days with no printing at all (other than via the HTML output).
>
> When I will get around to improving this, time will tell.
>
> As for spelling, it already uses Apple’s API for spelling, why this gives a worse experience than Apple’s own NSTextView-based applications is something I need to look into, but again, time will tell when I get around to it.

Dear Allan

I do not want to be impatient. However, 3.5 months later still no fix
for correct Apple spell checking mechanisms in TM. Since I use TM daily
for writing LaTeX documents in both, English and German, multi-lingual
spell checking is essential for me to render TM useful. With all respect
to your work on TM, may I request a more urgent inspection and fix of
the still-not-working spell checking facilities in TM?

Thank you!

Best regards
*S*

Sascha Vieweg, saschaview at gmail.com