[TxMt] Finding & Installing Bundles

Phil Molyneux molyneux at pobox.com
Tue Jun 26 15:10:27 UTC 2012

Could someone point me to the current instructions on finding and
installing bundles on TextMate 1 please?

I have a copy on GetBundles installed under ~/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Bundles (dated 6 Dec 2008) but that seems to (mainly)
no longer work: for example, an attempt to install a JavaScript bundle
(by textmate) gets an error saying ``Could not install "JavaScript" from
"https://github.com/textmate/javascript.tmbundle/tarball/master"'', same
thing happens for other bundles.

If I attempt to update GetBundles via GetBundles, I get an error
dialogue saying ``It seems that the bundle "GetBundles"
has been already installed under versioning control (svn) Please update
that bundle manually or remove/rename it and use "GetBundles" to
install'' --- the help (question mark) button on GetBundles

I suspect I'm suffering from installing TextMate on multiple machines
``decay'' and need to rediscover the correct way of doing things. I
suspect I installed GetBundles with the following commands in terminal

   mkdir -p ~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Bundles
   cd !$
   svn co http://svn.textmate.org/trunk/Review/Bundles/GetBundles.tmbundle/
   osascript -e 'tell app "TextMate" to reload bundles'

(these were from https://gist.github.com/2722805 and
http://solutions.treypiepmeier.com/2009/02/25/installing-getbundles-on-a-fresh-copy-of-textmate/)

I have TextMate version 1.5.11 (1633) installed on Mac OS X 10.7.4

Phil Molyneux