[TxMt] Re: Lion: launch warnings shown in Console.app

sirquijote at lavabit.com sirquijote at lavabit.com
Wed Jun 13 15:31:10 UTC 2012

Ok, I've just fixed it, and it's extremely simple.  Here's a walkthrough:

1) Prepare a duplicate of Info.plist (I copy it to the Desktop)
2) Launch the duplicate with TextMate
3) Open the Find
 dialogue (CMD-f or Edit>Find>Find
)
4) In the Find
 field, enter the following:
CFBundleTypeExtensions
5) In the Replace
 field, enter the following:
CFBundleTypeRole = Editor;\n\tCFBundleTypeExtensions
6) Check the box for "Regular Expressions", uncheck the box for "Ignore
Case".  DO NOT PERFORM THE "FIND & REPLACE" YET.
7) In the Info.plist document window, select all the text between
CFBundleDocumentTypes and /* bundle items */ , inclusive.
8) Perform a "Replace All in Selection" by either going to
Edit>Find>Replace All in Selection, or hitting Shift-Ctrl-Cmd-f. You
should receive the response in the Find
 dialogue box that 97 changes were
made.
9) Save & Quit TextMate
10) Rename TextMate's original Info.plist file by performing a Get Info

on it, appending ".default" to the text in the Name & Extension field, and
authenticating if necessary.
11) Drag-and-drop the new Info.plist file into the folder alongside the
just-renamed original, and authenticate if necessary.  You will want to
change its ownership and permissions to reflect those of the original.

That's it. TextMate is working just fine with my new .plist, and I'm down
to only 8 errors in the Console, which I can happily live with.
This was a case of the physician successfully healing him/herself - the
Replace All in Selection made this all so simple :)

Thanks, Fritz, for outlining what needed to be done.

S.