[TxMt] Re: Lion: launch warnings shown in Console.app

Fritz Anderson fritza at uchicago.edu
Sat Jun 9 16:42:08 UTC 2012

On 9 Jun 2012, at 11:29 AM, SQ wrote:

> So it's a time-consuming rather than complex issue to fix, is that right?  I'll happily do this myself if it's just a case of adding 90 keys.  if someone could point me to the data that has to be added, and a tutorial on how to add it, i'd even upload the result for others to incorporate.

Find TextMate in the Finder. Duplicate if for backup purposes, as I don't know whether TextMate is signed to prevent alteration. Compress the backup.

Right-click and select Show Package Contents. Contents > Resources > Info.plist

Drag the file to your favorite editor.

Inside each { } group containing CFBundleTypeName, up to the "bundle items" comment on line 358 (on my copy), add the following line:

=====
CFBundleTypeRole = Editor;
=====

I am not sure what the role of "bundle items" is, so I won't venture a guess. (Viewer? None? Not Editor.) If you don't do anything with those { } dictionaries, you may still have seven warnings in the log, but that's better than 90+

	— F